I am frequently interviewed by local, regional, national, and international news media organizations. This involves print, radio, television and digital platforms. Reporters are encouraged to contact me.
- Quoted by Laird Harrison, KQED on the recent hiring of Thomas Frazier as the new compliance director for the Oakland Police Department, March 5, 2013.
- Guest on The Prison Show, KPFT 90.1 FM – (Houston), to talk about Behind Bars, Beyond Bars, and Convict Criminology, taped March 22, 2012.
- Guest on the Gil Gross Show, KGO Newstalk AM 810 (San Francisco) about a motorcyclist who was killed in prison, July 27, 2010.
- Interviewed by Sarah Richards, WYPR (Baltimore) in connection with a decrease in violent crime in Baltimore. June 2, 2010
- Interviewed on Rob Schilling Show, WINA (Charlottesville, VA), on book Beyond Bars: Rejoining Society After Prison. August 24, 2009.
- Interviewed on Michael Eric Dyson Show, about book Beyond Bars: Rejoining Society After Prison, August 10, 2009.
- Interviewed by Mike McIntyre, “Crime And Punishment” on the Corus Radio Network, (Winnipeg, Manitoba), on the book Beyond Bars: Rejoining Society After Prison, July 19, 2009
- Interviewed by Adam Hoffberger, NPR, about prison conditions for Madoff in Butner Correctional Facility, July 14, 2009.
- Guest, on Talk of the Nation, (host Lynn Neary), to talk about Beyond Bars: Rejoining Society After Prison, July 13, 2009.
- Quoted by WMAR (Baltimore) TV in connection with the Amber Alert issued after the disappearance of Caitlyn Virts, March 8, 2014.
- Interviewed by Brian Todd of CNN in connection with the NYPD investigation into the death of Philip Seymour Hoffman, February 4, 2014.
- Interviewed by Adam May, America Tonight, Al Jazeera America about violent crime rates in Baltimore and Washington, DC, February 1, 2014.
- Interviewed by Keith Daniels of WBFF Baltimore Fox 45 on different news media and public reactions to the Columbia mall shootings, January 29, 2014.
- Interviewed by J. C. Hayward, WUSA9 (Washington, DC) about NYPD’s stop and frisk.August 20, 2013.
- Interviewed by J. C.Hayward WUSA9, (Washington, DC) about increased shootings in Baltimore during summer, July 29, 2013
- Interviewed by Mike Schu, Fox 45 in connection with the upsurge in shootings in Baltimore, June 24, 2013.
- Interviewed by Jeff Abell, Fox 45, Baltimore in connection with the scandal at Baltimore’s city jail, June 12, 2013.
- George Lettis, WBAl in connection with the potential for violence in crowds during Super Bowl Celebration, February 4, 2013.
- Interviewed by Joy Lapola, Fox 45 (Baltimore), about changes in crime rates between Baltimore and Washington, DC, January 2, 2013.
- Interviewed by Alyona Minkovski, on The Alyona Show, RT Television, Washington, DC, about Nutraloaf as cruel and unusual punishment, April 4, 2012.
- Quoted by Bryan Sears’ article “‘Arpaio of Maryland’ featured in delegate’s pro-gun video,” The Maryland Daily Record, March 13, 2014.
- Quoted in the Baltimore Jewish Times about gun violence. December 13, 2013.
- Quoted by Dena Silver of Daily Front Row regarding Dolce & Gabbana’s upcoming jail sentence, June 25, 2013.
- Quoted by Michael Brick, in The Daily, in connection with organized crime on American Indian Reservations, October 1, 2012.
- Quoted by Mark Hicks, The Detroit News, regarding parolees re-entering society, July 14, 2012.
- Interviewed by Oliver Broudy, Men’s Health Magazine, about a prisoner in the Georgia State prison system, March 22, 2012.
- Quoted by Paul Eggan, The Detroit News, in connection with hiring of Dan Heyns as the new Commissioner of Corrections for the state of Michigan, August 21, 2011.
- Interviewed by Scott Daugherty, Capital News Gazette, Annapolis, regarding probation kiosks, July 20, 2011.
- Quoted by Jeremy Simon, Credit Card News, in connection with credit issues when prisoners reenter society, July 12, 2011.