I am frequently interviewed by local, regional, national, and international news media organizations. This involves print, radio, television and digital platforms. Reporters are encouraged to contact me.
For the most recent media appearances, please check out my Facebook and Twitter feeds.
- Quoted by Laird Harrison, KQED on the recent hiring of Thomas Frazier as the new compliance director for the Oakland Police Department, March 5, 2013.
- Guest on The Prison Show, KPFT 90.1 FM – (Houston), to talk about Behind Bars, Beyond Bars, and Convict Criminology, taped March 22, 2012.
- Guest on the Gil Gross Show, KGO Newstalk AM 810 (San Francisco) about a motorcyclist who was killed in prison, July 27, 2010.
- Interviewed by Sarah Richards, WYPR (Baltimore) in connection with a decrease in violent crime in Baltimore. June 2, 2010
- Interviewed on Rob Schilling Show, WINA (Charlottesville, VA), on book Beyond Bars: Rejoining Society After Prison. August 24, 2009.
- Interviewed on Michael Eric Dyson Show, about book Beyond Bars: Rejoining Society After Prison, August 10, 2009.
- Interviewed by Mike McIntyre, “Crime And Punishment” on the Corus Radio Network, (Winnipeg, Manitoba), on the book Beyond Bars: Rejoining Society After Prison, July 19, 2009
- Interviewed by Adam Hoffberger, NPR, about prison conditions for Madoff in Butner Correctional Facility, July 14, 2009.
- Guest, on Talk of the Nation, (host Lynn Neary), to talk about Beyond Bars: Rejoining Society After Prison, July 13, 2009.
- Quoted by WMAR (Baltimore) TV in connection with the Amber Alert issued after the disappearance of Caitlyn Virts, March 8, 2014.
- Interviewed by Brian Todd of CNN in connection with the NYPD investigation into the death of Philip Seymour Hoffman, February 4, 2014.
- Interviewed by Adam May, America Tonight, Al Jazeera America about violent crime rates in Baltimore and Washington, DC, February 1, 2014.
- Interviewed by Keith Daniels of WBFF Baltimore Fox 45 on different news media and public reactions to the Columbia mall shootings, January 29, 2014.
- Interviewed by J. C. Hayward, WUSA9 (Washington, DC) about NYPD’s stop and frisk.August 20, 2013.
- Interviewed by J. C.Hayward WUSA9, (Washington, DC) about increased shootings in Baltimore during summer, July 29, 2013
- Interviewed by Mike Schu, Fox 45 in connection with the upsurge in shootings in Baltimore, June 24, 2013.
- Interviewed by Jeff Abell, Fox 45, Baltimore in connection with the scandal at Baltimore’s city jail, June 12, 2013.
- George Lettis, WBAl in connection with the potential for violence in crowds during Super Bowl Celebration, February 4, 2013.
- Interviewed by Joy Lapola, Fox 45 (Baltimore), about changes in crime rates between Baltimore and Washington, DC, January 2, 2013.
- Interviewed by Alyona Minkovski, on The Alyona Show, RT Television, Washington, DC, about Nutraloaf as cruel and unusual punishment, April 4, 2012.
- Quoted by Bryan Sears’ article “‘Arpaio of Maryland’ featured in delegate’s pro-gun video,” The Maryland Daily Record, March 13, 2014.
- Quoted in the Baltimore Jewish Times about gun violence. December 13, 2013.
- Quoted by Dena Silver of Daily Front Row regarding Dolce & Gabbana’s upcoming jail sentence, June 25, 2013.
- Quoted by Michael Brick, in The Daily, in connection with organized crime on American Indian Reservations, October 1, 2012.
- Quoted by Mark Hicks, The Detroit News, regarding parolees re-entering society, July 14, 2012.
- Interviewed by Oliver Broudy, Men’s Health Magazine, about a prisoner in the Georgia State prison system, March 22, 2012.
- Quoted by Paul Eggan, The Detroit News, in connection with hiring of Dan Heyns as the new Commissioner of Corrections for the state of Michigan, August 21, 2011.
- Interviewed by Scott Daugherty, Capital News Gazette, Annapolis, regarding probation kiosks, July 20, 2011.
- Quoted by Jeremy Simon, Credit Card News, in connection with credit issues when prisoners reenter society, July 12, 2011.