I provide balanced, thoughtful, and dispassionate analyses of complex questions and situations. In order to accomplish this task, I collect relevant information, understand the quality of that information, determine numerous possible explanations concerning the dynamics of the question or situation, and then present my analysis in as objective a manner as possible.
Types of work I have done:
Conducting and Managing Research
My research expertise lies in the fields of:
- policing/law enforcement
- oppositional political terrorism
- crime and criminal justice in Indian Country
- international issues of crime, punishment, and political violence.
I also have expertise in the research process itself:
- Developing solicitations for research
- Managing the peer-review process
- Reviewing grant applications
- Selecting grants for funding
- Managing funded grants.
- Researching and writing affidavits for legal proceedings (esp. extradition related)
- Reviewing papers for scholarly journals.
- Reviewing reports for government agencies.
- Providing editorial assessments to publishers of book proposals, unpublished manuscripts that are under review for contracting, books that are under consideration for revision, and book series.
Pretrial Research for Defendants and Defense Attorneys in Criminal Cases
- Extradition-related research for international cases
- Sentencing outcomes and mitigation
- Investigative research
Strategic Planning for Nonprofit Organizations
I have expertise in developing strategic plans for a variety of nonprofit organizations.
- Working with diverse groups of stakeholders in organizations to develop a cohesive document that integrates competing perspectives and goals, at the same time providing recommendations to better utilize scarce resources in a rational fashion in order to accomplish each organization’s goals.
Clients I have worked for:
- Gerson Lehrman Group
- U.S. Department of Justice, National Institute of Justice
- U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Department of Defense, Strategic Command
- Maryland Department of Probation and Parole
- Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences
- Intel Science
- University of Baltimore, University wide
- University of Baltimore, Office of the Provost
- University of Baltimore, Yale Gordon College of Liberal Arts
- Washington Latin Charter School
- Cambridge University Press
- Prentice Hall
- Rutgers University Press
- Sage Publications
- State University of New York Press
- Temple University Press
- University of Alberta Press
- University of Minnesota Press
- Wadsworth Publishers